Monday, May 11, 2015

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my Blog! It has been a dream of mine to be a roller derby girl, and I always knew what my skater name would be, The Lawless Librarian, so I thought it would be a good name for my blog!

My name is Emily, I am 35 years old and live in Iowa with my husband Dramane, and our two daughters, Adeena (6)
and Amara (3).
I have worked in a public library for (almost) 8 years and I love it. I started as a general library assistant mostly helping patrons and doing some book repair. I worked my way up to circulation services where I oversee all things circulation including supervising library pages and assistants. Currently I am transiting to (what I hope to be) my dream job as a family services librarian. I will be doing early literacy programs with children ages birth-4, family programming and dealing with patron related circulation issues.

I love to read, my favorite books are horror, but I read almost anything. Ever since my kids were born I have been reading a lot of graphic novels because I can read one in an hour. In my free time I like to cook, read, garden, hang with friends and family and watch either super dramatic or super trashy TV. 

1 comment: